Discontinuation of Production of Mitsubishi Electric AB-SEP Low-voltage Air Circuit Breakers
The AB-SEP type low-voltage air circuit breaker (ACB) manufactured by MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC Corporation, which is used in our Main Switchboards and Emergency Switchboards, will be discontinued in March 2022.
- Models to be discontinued
- Reason for discontinuation of production
Due to the termination of production of the corresponding ACB’s internal parts and the aging of the production facilities
- Date of discontinuation of production/support by MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC
Discontinuation of production: March 31, 2022
Discontinuation of technical support: March 31, 2029
Since there is a limit to the number of ACBs that can be manufactured by the date of discontinuation, we should recommend you to replace the existing ACB with alternative models.
1) Alternative models will vary depending on the model and panel structure, so please contact our sales representative in charge for more details.
2) When the ACB is replaced with an alternative model, incidental work such as connecting copper bars and/or changes to the control circuit may be required. The modification period and cost will vary depending on the exiting model and the structure of Switchboard.
3) We will do our best to support you with inspections and repairs of the existing ACB, but please understand that this service will be terminated when the maintenance parts will go out of stock. Also, please note that we may not be able to repair the ACB depending on root-cause.
4) Please note that even if you wish to purchase the existing type of ACB, we may not be able to comply with your request due to the limited number of units that can be manufactured by the production discontinuation date.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the discontinuation of ACB production and should ask for your kind understanding. We hope that you will continue the support to JRCS.
Source : JRCS